Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Road Block

So, I had to go out of town unexpectedly for a family emergency. I was great with using my check card for EVERYTHING. And it backfired. I forgot that I was waiting for a check that came via mail rather than direct deposit. And I could not deposit it while I was out of town. I found myself 700 miles from home with $7 in checking and not all charges cleared. Yikes! I am afraid to check my account today to see the damage. I was able to make a deposit when I got in (at midnight) but I am afraid that some things posted during the day. There were NO local branches where I was so I couldn't make a deposit until I got home. In an effort to NOT use credit I wound up tapping my credit for about $700 and charged all my gas home. Not to mention what kind of fees the bank will hit me with.

Still no word from long-term disability and if I will get paid or not. That means I have to hold my bonus money in case I need it for the mortgage next month.

Oh, to be working again.

No comments: