Thursday, March 22, 2007

OK, all checks are in the mail. My CC balance will be ZERO very soon. I still want to put $1,000 in my ING but want to let everything clear. I am struggling with a budget-- mainly how to handle food. I will have $882 after all bills are paid. I want to pay an extra $300 to this loan principle, so that leaves $582. What I struggle with is estimating, planning out meals, and sticking to a budget while shopping. I mean, what happens when you see stuff you know you need but forgot to list? And I do understand the difference between "needing" a new measuring cup and needing laundry soap. I am talking about real needs. I suppose the answer is to get better about making lists.

Anyway, I don't know what I spend on food so I have no idea what to budget. I went to the grocery store yesterday and spent $160!! Sometimes I go a few times a week and spend $25-$80 each time.

The awesome news for me financially is that this extra $882 a month is at 60% of my salary. When I return to work I plan to put an extra $600 towards my principle because I want this paid off in no more than 3 years.

I am off to hunt for tips on groceries and budgeting on other blogs.

No comments: