Friday, March 16, 2007

Moving Right Along

I am finally starting to see some money and I have it all planned out. Credit cards will be paid off 100%, $1,000 is going to my ING account, I am investing a bit in the house for much needed maintenance, roughly $600 to one of my Roth's, and the remainder will go to the HEL. While I don't have a concrete plan for paying down the HEL, I am going to put what I can spare towards it for now. When I return to work I will have at least an additional $500 per month for it. The actual payment is $300 a month at about 7%.

I am closing my mastercard as soon as the payment is cleared. The Amex card was shredded long ago and they never mail those checks. The Visa is my longest standing account and would seriously damage my FICO to close. Since I can use my debit card as a Visa I should be fine with no credit cards, so I will shred that also.

Now that I know my income for the time being I will work on a budget today. I may need to pay April's mortage in advance since the disability pays in arrears. The good thing is that right now I have the cash to pay stuff in advance. I think all I really need to do for a budget is decide on an amount for groceries and food.

No comments: